To help keep your children healthy during the flu season, follow these guidelines:
- Make sure students get plenty of sleep and physical activity, drink water, and eat good food to help them stay healthy in the winter and all year.
- Keep sick children home.
- Always remind children to:
- Cover their nose and mouth with a tissue when they cough or sneeze—have them throw the tissue away after they use it.
- Wash their hands often with soap and water, especially after they cough or sneeze. If water is not near, use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Remind them to not to touch their eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs often spread this way